The new year is here and for many that will mean new year resolutions. Many people try to make so many changes at one time that it becomes too much and they don’t stick with it. At Rolling Strong CDL Wellness we focus on taking small steps toward a healthier you. Here are seven small steps that you can begin taking today to make 2017 the year you live a healthier lifestyle.
1. Include walking in your day by parking in the furthest parking spot to help with weight loss, increased energy, better quality sleep, lower blood pressure and more.
2. Do 20 squats and 20 pushups for a full body workout that takes just a little time and can be done anywhere.
3. Stock up on healthy food by ordering online! Many grocery store marketplaces like Hy-vee, Kroger, and Wal-Mart offer online ordering. Some stores like Hy-Vee will deliver to you for a small fee, or you can pick it up for free.
4. See all the Subways on the road? They offer one of the best and lowest priced salads with unlimited ingredient options.
5. Feeling energy dips throughout the day? Sugar is probably the culprit. Swap out one of your sodas or sugary Gatorade for a bottle of water and feel your energy stabilize.
6. When you’re listening to the radio, flex your abdominal muscles for the duration of each commercial. This will increase your ab strength, which will help with back pain, and help tone your abs.
7. Use the step tracker on your iPhone, it automatically tracks your steps. You can also download a step tracking app if you have an Android. Try to get 10,000 steps per day for optimal health.
Be sure to see your CDL Wellness Coach for more tips!