Watch ESPN 2 today to look for Rolling Strong, Freightliner, and The Fit System logos travel 200mph on car #12. Race should start around 11am eastern.
The 2012 Rolling Strong™ Driver Wellness Tour begins its nationwide appearance at nine Pilot Flying J locations beginning April 18, 2012 through December 12, 2012. Drivers will have the opportunity to workout with Rolling Strong and receive free tools to help them on the road to better health. Rolling Strong’s Driver Wellness Tool Bag Program is driver designed with tools available for them where they work, on the road.
The program is built around driver advocacy and the need to help educate them on the benefits of wellness.
“As the driver-driven company, Pilot Flying J is proud to partner with Rolling Strong to bring health and wellness events to our customers onsite at our travel centers and travel plazas across the nation,” said Jimmy Haslam, CEO of Pilot Flying J. “The convenience of our customers is always a top priority at Pilot Flying J, so making these valuable tools available to professional drivers where they already stop to refuel and refresh is key.”
The event is uniquely designed for drivers as well as visitors to the Pilot Flying J travel centers to come and learn more about wellness through a highly visible, interactive, energizing and informative program. Each event will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and will include the following activities:
· All sites will have a table for healthy product samples, coupons and educational materials from Kroger Pharmacy, Bayer HealthCare and EBOOST. Drivers will have the opportunity to register to win fitness prizes.
· Kroger Pharmacies will have a wellness educator available for questions and blood pressure readings.
· In addition, drivers will have the opportunity to walk with Bob Perry as he rolls his GoodYear® Truck Tire for 7 miles at each event. The roll event promotes awareness to increase the lifespan of the professional truck driver by making lifestyle changes on the road and at home. The 7 mile tire roll is part of a 63 mile distance. Each mile symbolizes a year of a professional driver’s life, with 62 years as the average lifespan, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Bob will be rolling the tire 63 miles total to communicate the importance of extending the life of the professional driver.
· One driver at each location will win a Grand Prize Wellness Package valued at $1,200. The package includes the “Trucker Trainer” PowerBlock Special Edition set, a PowerBlock bench, a six-month free membership to Snap Fitness using any nationwide locations, a $25 card to spend on Rolling Strong Nutritional Products and free monthly access to over 1,800 truck friendly healthcare clinics throughout the US to receive screenings (weight, BMI, heart rate and blood pressure) valued at $300.
Download Rolling Strong’s “RoadApp” at http://rollingstrong.com/app to find the closest 2012 Rolling Strong Driver Wellness Tour location.
- 4.18.12: KNOXVILLE, TN – 800 Watt Road @ I-40 & I-75, Exit 369
- 5.16.12: MAY: CARLISLE, PA – 1501 Harrisburg Pike @ I-81, Exit 52/I-76, Exit 226
- 6.20.12: JUNE: BROOKS, OR – 4220 Brooklake Road @ I-5, Exit 263
- 7.18.12: JULY: LAKE STATION, IN – 1401 Ripley Street @ I-94, Exit 15b
- 8.22.12: AUGUST: DALLAS, TX – 7425 Bonnie View Road @ I-20, Exit 472
- 9.19.12: SEPTEMBER: ALTOONA, IA – 3231 Adventureland Drive @ I-80 & US 65, Exit 142
- 10.17.12: OCTOBER: AVONDALE, AZ – 16189 S. Sunshine Blvd @ I-10, Exit 208A
- 11.14.12: NOVEMBER: FORT PIERCE, FL – 100 North Kings Hwy @ I-95 Hwy 68, Exit 131
- 12.12.12: DECEMBER: HESPERIA, CA – 8701 Highway 395 @ I-15, Exit 141