TCA Wellness, powered by Rolling Strong, has 10 TCA-member executives from different fleets that are just about ready to compete in the Fittest Executive Challenge. Five industry sponsors are on board and backing their commitment to improving the health and well-being of those in the industry. The actual challenge is scheduled for Monday, March 27, 2017, at 10:30 AM in the Exhibition area at the TCA Wellness Booth during TCA’s 2017 Annual Convention in Nashville.
Our executives continue to work hard preparing to take on one another and win this inaugural event. It promises to be an exciting event you won’t want to miss!
Tips to Celebrate National Nutrition Month
by Lisa Flannery, Rolling Strong Wellness Coach
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has designated March as National Nutrition Month. A great way to celebrate is to focus your attention on making the smart meal and snack choices to enhance your healthy eating habits. Every bite you take can affect you positively or negatively depending on the choices you make. Making smarter meal and snack choices can help you save calories, decrease sugar and saturated fat intake. Creating a plate packed with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins will provide vitamins, minerals, fiber and other nutrients that are vital to your body while also providing great flavor. By taking one step at a time, you can make smarter meal and snack choices to help manage your weight, increase your energy, sleep more soundly and even feel less bloated!
Below are some simple ways you can begin making a few small changes to help you take the first step:
- Cook more meals at home
- Plan out and pack your lunch and snacks to take with you
- Take a little extra time when you are shopping and read the labels of all the foods you purchase
- Use your hand as a visual to help you with portion control. Your fist or palm provide a great comparison tool
- Eat one MORE serving of fruits or vegetables aiming to fill half of your plate
- Drink one more cup or bottle of water in place of soda, coffee, or an energy drink
- Select a whole grain rice, bread or pasta in place of a white/enriched option
- Eat three meals at a regular time and avoid skipping meals for one week
- Work with your Rolling Strong Wellness Coach for support and additional information