Addiction is a serious problem, but it can be manageable. The affected person can overcome drug and alcohol addiction and recover successfully with an addiction specialist’s help. If you or someone you know is trying to get the support they need to overcome their substance abuse, understanding the different treatment options available and which ones to choose can be overwhelming.
At Altignis Health, we offer different treatment programs to help addicts overcome substance abuse. We are ready to help you find the right treatment that supports you in getting better from addiction. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at how residential and outpatient rehab programs compare.
What Is Residential Rehab?
In residential rehab, patients are expected to check in to a facility and remain there for their treatment duration. This means you won’t be able to go to work or school, and it can also mean extended stays to overcome the hurdles. The treatment involves a mixture of different therapies, counseling, and lifestyle changes that will help you achieve longtime sobriety.
What Is Outpatient Rehab?
Outpatient rehab is a non-residential treatment for alcohol and drug addiction. This type of treatment program doesn’t involve onsite living. Addicts are not required to remain in the rehab center. Instead, they come from home to attend therapy sessions according to their schedule.
Both outpatient and residential rehab have their own advantages and disadvantages. To decide which option is best for you or a loved one, it is crucial to consider the person’s situation.
Who Is The Best Candidate For Outpatient Rehab?
The individual situation will determine the exact treatment. Outpatient rehab may be suitable for addicts who have:
- Mild to moderate addiction
- Transportation to attend counseling sessions
- Motivation to attend treatment sessions regularly
- Strong support system from friends and family
- Low risk of withdrawal with no medical complications
Who Is The Best Candidate For Residential Rehab?
While anyone can benefit from residential rehab, some of the best candidates are:
- Individuals who have complicated diagnostic or treatment issues
- Those who do not respond to previous addiction treatments
- People who have a higher risk of decompensation
- Those who do not have a natural environment ideal to recover or individuals who need a more structured environment
- Those who have tried a less intensive level of programs but were unable to stay sober
- Those who are at risk of experiencing withdrawal
- People with a poor support system at home, health conditions or co-occurring mental.
We’re Here To Help
No matter the type of treatment you need to help manage your drug and alcohol addiction, help is standing by. When you call the team at Altignis Health, you find the residential and outpatient drug and alcohol rehab programs in Orange County that you need to take back your freedom. Our goal is to help you stay away from triggers and focus on your journey to healing. Call us today at 949-899-6731 to request a consultation. Our admissions specialists are available to handle your call 24/7.
102 Laguna Beach